Recurrent miscarriage is a very difficult trials in the pregnant woman, the causes must be determined to know the ways to prevent it and abortion is defined as loss of pregnancy before 23 weeks of pregnancy, but if it is repeated three consecutive times or more known as "recurrent miscarriage "
So what are the causes of recurrent abortion and the methods of prevention?
What is recurrent miscarriage?
Women had an abortion 3 times in a row or more, and the causes of repeated abortions are not entirely specific and the effectiveness of his treatment is unpredictable, but nonetheless many women who have had this type of abortion have been able to have children.
In Bedaya Hospital the doctors seek for the cause of multiple miscarriage and it must be determined the patient's medical history and matters related to previous loads and testing of thyroid function, measurement the level of prolactin in the blood, the doctor recommends a full physical examination including a pelvic exam. If genetic disorders are believed to be the underlying cause of this condition, the two partners are subjected to a nuclear pattern test Imaging tests such as MRI or ultrasound are performed in the event of a suspected uterine problem that has caused an abortion and hysterosalpingography technology has a role in determining whether a woman has uterine problems. Your doctor may order blood tests to detect immune system problems.
Recurrent miscarriage investigation
Bedaya Hospital provides a toast of doctors for the treatment of multiple miscarriage Frequent and high-risk cases with the most accurate ultrasound devices.
Some tests are conducted for women who suffer from multiple miscarriages and the couple is examined after two or three abortions.
recurrent miscarriage causes
Causes of this type of abortion are varied:
- Causes or genetic factors, where genetic imbalance in both spouses or one of them causes repeated abortions, and the genetic causes constitute about 3:5 of repeated abortions.
- Immune disorders, where antibodies cause fetal death, leading to miscarriage.
- Fetal abnormalities, especially neurological abnormalities.
- Uterine problems such as cervical weakness, uterine abnormalities, fibroids and ovulation disorders, resulting in disformed or immature eggs.
- Coagulation or blood clotting disorders, which cause miscarriage or premature birth.
- Hormonal causes such as a deficiency in progesterone, which is accompanied by a rise in LH.
- Ageing, where the chances of miscarriage increase as you age, and the efficiency of the eggs begins to decline.
- Bacterial or viral infections such as bacterial vaginosis. 9- Environmental reasons such as smoking, radiation exposure, chemotherapy (cancer) or taking medications that are prohibited during pregnancy.
- Repeated stress.
Symptoms of repeated miscarriage
- Feeling tired and tired in the body.
- High body temperature.
- Stomach disorders.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Back pain.
- Vaginal cramps.
- Expel tissues with a blood clot.
- Bleeding ranging from mild to severe
The risk of recurrent miscarriage
most of the negative effects of abortion can be treated with certain medications, but there are some serious complications that may result from the recurrent miscarriage:
which may affect the genitals, and if not treated quickly and correctly, may result in infertility, and in some cases ectopic pregnancy.
Cervical weakness or uterine damage
Although abortion surgery is now very advanced, its recurrence negatively affects the uterus, leading to its weakness and damage. Inability to conceive: It occurs as a result of cervical weakness, which is then difficult to maintain pregnancy, and then miscarriage occurs normally.
Recurrent miscarriages increased by this diseases
levels of prolactin in the blood (high milk hormone), chronic endometriosis, coronary artery disease, ovarian cancer and Diabetes.
Recurrent miscarriage treatment
Repeated miscarriage treatment depends on the cause and then the optimal treatment method is chosen for example:
- Treatment when any immune imbalance occurs.
- Treatment of thyroid diseases.
- Control blood sugar levels if it is proven that a woman who suffers from repeated miscarriage is infected with it, whether it is with medication or insulin.
- Control of prolactin hormone in the blood.